The NORCHA is a multi-sport event where mixed teams of 4 elements have to travel approximately 450-500km in a maximum of 4 non-stop days.
This is a special edition, taking place in the north of Portugal crossing The LANDS of TRÁS-OS-MONTES.
The itinerary will only be revealed hours before the start of the race.
Quick Facts 2020
Disciplines: Trekking & Running, Mountain Bike, Kayak, Ropes, SUP, Navigation / Orienteering, Swimming, Other surprises
Course open: 4 days
Team category: mixed teams of 4 members (priority);
teams of 3 members.
Number of teams: limited
Logistics: no support
Equipment Provided: Kayak and SUP
Required equipment: yes (ARES)
Qualification: (to be announced)
Total Prize: 2.000 €
Other prizes: sponsors' products.
The participants must:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be familiar with all disciplines involved including ability to swim 50m+ or more for aquatic activities (remember you will also need to have a lifejacket)
- Have navigation skills and experience in outdoor activities
- Be physically fit and able to handle the requirements of the event
- Be properly equipped at all times
- Minimize the impact on the environment during the event respecting space and citizens
- Be responsible for you and your belongings
- Be prepared to follow the rules and conditions provided (with final details subject to adaptation).
NORCHA has insurance that covers the event, however, we always recommend to each team a personal insurance to cover all situations during the race. Our partners are some solutions for the teams. Contact us for more details.
During a race, each team will be monitored through GPS Live Tracking.